Dove's Nest's Speaker's Bureau
Equipping Faith Communities to Protect Children through
Training and Resources
Dedicated to “empowering and equipping faith communities to keep children safe in their homes, churches, and communities,” Dove’s Nest offers trainings and resources on a variety of topics related to child and youth protection. In January of 2015, Dove’s Nest created a national Speaker’s Bureau of highly qualified members who are available to train across North America.
- Marlene Bogard, MA; Salem, OR
- Linda Gehman Peachey, MDiv, freelance writer and teacher; cofounder of Dove's Nest; member, East Chestnut Street Mennonite Church; Lancaster, PA
- Jeanette Harder, PhD, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Grace Abbott School of Social Work; Dove's Nest's board of directors; member, First Mennonite Church; Omaha, NE
- Brenda Yoder, LMHC, counselor, writer, speaker, educator; Shipshewana, IN
- Amy Lynn Smith, LMSW, MATSJ, licensed social worker, adjunct professor, and minister, Nazarene Church; Rochester, NY
- Anna Groff, MPA, executive director, Dove's Nest; Tucson, AZ
- Melissa Rorabaugh Heise, MEd, MTS, teacher, licensed foster care provider; Pottstown, PA
- Carol Grace Hurst, PhD, MSW, LCSW, associate professor & program director of Social Work at Eastern Mennonite University; Crozet, VA
- Katherine Burkey Wiens, MEd, MS, author, speaker, educator; Newton, KS
- Glen Guyton, BS, MEd, speaker, writer, advocate for intercultural competency, member of National Speaker Association; San Antonio, TX
- Leah Rediger, PhD, director of Religious and Spiritual Life at Doane University; Crete, NE
Presentations can be uniquely tailored to your faith community to meet your needs for training and assistance as you work to keep kids safe. Training topics include raising awareness about the importance of a safety policy, developing a child and youth protection policy, guidelines for including in worship persons who have committed sexual offenses, implementation information for the Circle of Grace child protection curriculum, and many other topics related to protecting children and youth. Here are some examples of frequently requested speaking events:
- 1–8 hour community training
- 20-minute sermon
- 10-minute outreach spotlight during worship
Dove’s Nest also offers presentations for Sunday school classes, children’s sermons, and other church presentations. When requested, we have provided training to camp counselors and staff, school administrators and teachers, and others who work with children and youth.
As a nonprofit ministry, Dove's Nest relies solely on charitable gifts, grants, and honoraria to fund our work. When extensive travel is required, we request travel reimbursement and also seek to open the event to all faith communities within proximity of the hosting site in an effort to maximize our reach in that geographic area. Click here for our suggested honoraria and travel reimbursement guidelines.
For more information or to schedule an event, please contact Kathy Haake at
Kathy [at] DovesNest.net or 402-577-0866.