As a nonprofit, charitable organization, Dove’s Nest relies on donations to fund our work. Many organizations have requested guidance regarding fees/honoraria for various purposes. We offer the following suggestions:
|Event Type||Suggested Fee/Honorarium Range|
|Sunday School Class/Bible Study||$100–$150|
|All-Day Seminar/Training (6–8 Hours)||$550-$750|
|Panel with Dove's Nest Speaker & Community Agency Reps||$350-$400|
|“Ministry Moment” (5–10 Minutes during Worship)||Free Will Offering|
|38-Min Teacher Training Video||$75 one-time fee|
|38-Min Teacher Training Video plus 1 hour Live Zoom Training||$200 one-time fee|
|Protection Policy Consultation||$50-100/hour|
|Amish and Old Order Mennonite Child Safety Training||contact kathy [at] dovesnest.net|
Fees/honoraria are negotiable. If the fee/honoraria is likely to prevent the event from occurring, please contact Dove’s Nest.
1. Payment can be made through our secure website link, dovesnest.net/donate, or by check. Checks should be made payable to “Dove’s Nest” and mailed to the following address:
5723 N 99th St
Omaha, NE 68134
2. If the event takes place during public worship, Dove’s Nest requests that the hosting faith community consider a free-will offering or offer the opportunity for designated gifts to Dove’s Nest during the regular weekly offering.
3. Fees/honoraria for events outside of those listed above shall be negotiated at the time of request.
4. $350 Safe Church Grant: Everence® supports churches in protecting children, teens and vulnerable individuals from harm with the Safe Church Grant. This grant helps to reimburse churches for costs they incur to keep people in their care safe from sexual or other forms of abuse. Churches with an Everence Stewardship Advocate may apply for the one-time (non-matching) grant of up to $350 to reimburse churches for program expenses incurred within the last 12 months to protect children, teens or others from sexual, physical, emotional/psychological or other forms of abuse. More details—including a downloadable grant application—are available here.
The hosting organization is responsible for travel costs, including mileage, lodging, airfare, and meals (those not provided on-site). Mileage shall be paid at the rate of 35 cents per mile or the cost of airfare, whichever is lower. Payment arrangements are the same as those for honoraria and other fees (see above).
1. The speaker may welcome overnight and meal accommodations in a church member’s home. Please let the event coordinator know if this is an option.
2. Dove’s Nest will seek to keep travel costs as low as possible. Every effort will be made to consolidate travel if multiple individuals are required to travel. In cases where that is not possible, it may be the hosting organization’s responsibility to pay mileage for more than one individual.