1. Model healthy boundaries:
- Do not engage in intimate or flirtatious interactions with campers or other staff. Consider how your behaviors may be perceived or misconstrued by others.
- Be modest when changing clothes, in bathrooms, and in swimming areas.
- Be aware of when you are tired, thirsty, or need a break, and take care of yourself. Make sure the campers do too. Most kids are not able to self-regulate well and may lose control of themselves when they become exhausted or overstimulated.
- Children and youth who appear to lack boundaries are often the ones who need boundaries the most.