NEW 38-Minute Training Video Available
This new training video is available to you and the adult volunteers at your church for a one-time fee of $75. For $200, we offer the video and a one-hour Zoom discussion facilitated by a Dove's Nest expert. See a one-minute preview of the training here!
COVID-19 provides a unique space for congregations to take the time to reprioritize safety. This video can be viewed or streamed together as a group or by individuals on their own devices on their own time. This video satisfies the policy requirement many churches have for regular annual trainings for adult volunteers working with children and youth. Also, this kind of training is important regardless of whether or not children's activities are happening in person or virtually.
Steps to access the video:
1. Pay the one-time $75 fee online or by mailing a check.
2. Notify Anna Groff (anna [at] dovesnest.net) that you made this payment for the video.
3. A link to download or stream the training video will be sent to you in one business day.
4. The video can be viewed an unlimited amount of times.
In 38 minutes, the video covers:
- Child abuse and Jesus's message regarding safety for children
- Why and how to implement a child protection policy
- An overview of the Circle of Grace curriculum
- Reporting suspected abuse
- Tech safety and social media, as well as child-on-child perpetration
- Consent and safe touch
Thanks to the Schowalter Foundation for funding this video project and for Brenda Yoder, member of Dove's Nest Speaker's Bureau, for presenting the information. Contact anna [at] dovesnest.net with any questions or to access the training.